Prepare for Fall with Boat Storage on Lake Norman
The end of August is drawing near and before you know it, the cool weather will move in and autumn will be upon us. Your days out on the water are becoming numbered until the warm weather returns next spring. Have you considered where to keep your boat until then? If you want to protect your investment from the elements and ensure that your vessel is safe and secure, reserve a space early in our dry boat storage facility before we fill up this fall.
“Our facilities are conveniently located on Lake Norman, and we have enough room to store up to 600 boats in our dry storage facility area,” said Lowry Hobbs, owner of Westport Marina. “With each boat that we store, we place the utmost importance on treating each one like our own. Our facilities are completely enclosed and secured after-hours.”
Benefits of Dry Boat Storage
- Protection from UV Rays – UV rays can oxidize the gel coat and damage the upholstery if left uncovered.
- Avoid damage to hull or lift if the water gets too low.
- Avoid rain water in your bilge caused by bilge pump not pumping due to dead battery.
Our Dry Storage Options
- Inside Dry Storage – We have three dry storage buildings that hold 200 boats each. This is our most popular option because of its complete enclosure and extra security precautions.
- Outside Rack Storage – This option holds approximately 100 boats. Although the rack is outside, your boat will be covered and protected.
- Partially-Covered Outside Storage – Boats placed in this type of storage will be covered on the top and both sides.
Wet Slip Boat Storage
- You’ll always be on the water, ready to go when storing your boat in one of our wet slips.
- Wet slips are the preferred choice of storage for customers with larger boats.
- We offer fourteen wet slips that can accommodate boats up to 50 feet in length.
- Water and electrical hook-ups are provided for each slip at no additional cost.
Trust Westport Marina’s Dry Boat Storage
Payment plans are available that allow you to spread your payments over a longer period of time. Your storage fees covers unlimited use access to your boat with no additional forklift fees.
No matter which boat storage option you select, you can rest assured knowing that your boat is well-protected. Spots for Fall of 2017 will fill up quickly, so if you want to take advantage of our state-of-the-art facilities and convenient Lake Norman location, you’re going to need to act fast! If you have any questions or would like to reserve your storage spot, please call 704-483-5172 or email us.