Summer on Lake Norman Winds Down
Well, it’s been another fantastic summer on Lake Norman: renting boats, swimming, tubing, grilling out, lake parties and those famous Lake Norman sunsets. Ahhhh, so many memories to pack up and take with us as autumn approaches.
What are some of the signs that the summer on Lake Norman is winding down? “One of the biggest signs we see every year at this time is that kids are going back to school and Labor Day on Lake Norman is the big last summer event,” says Lowry Hobbs of Westport Marina. “We have had an excellent summer season in 2016 and we want to thank all of our customers and friends for visiting us and sharing their summer with us.”
Signs that Summer on Lake Norman is Winding Down
- Back to school – not just the school sales in the stores, but you begin to notice that some friends are already gone to college or back to private school.
- Halloween is in the stores – “Yes, it’s a sure sign that the summer is ending when we see that Halloween has already been put out on display in the stores,” adds Hobbs. “It seems like it gets earlier and earlier each summer!”
- Bathing suits are 50% off! – What a sign this is!
- Fall TV shows are coming back – Even though it is hotter than blazes outside, one of the biggest signs that summer is drawing to a close is the promoting of the new fall TV shows.
- People ask about your Labor Day plans – The mere mention of Labor Day means fall.
- Football season starts – And they show all of those replays with snow on the ground from this past winter!
- Nothing left to watch on Netflix – *Gasp!* You’ve binge watched it all over the summer!
- Pumpkin-flavored everything is in the store – Yep, pumpkin anything is a sure sign that summer is over.
- The next months in your calendar are September and October – Yuck. Summer is winding down.
Those summer memories from Lake Norman will carry you through next spring, when you can turn the calendar and see May, June and July on the horizon. “I know it’s a long way until next summer begins,” says Hobbs, “but we’re already planning for a bigger and better summer for next year!” Keep that in mind when you watch the summer on Lake Norman wind down.
In the meantime, we hope that you will visit us here at Westport Marina in the gorgeous and popular southwest section of Lake Norman in Denver, NC. You’ll love our boat rentals, superior boat service and our delicious food and drinks offered down at Nate’s Snack Bar on our docks. Call us at 704-483-5172 or email us to rent a boat or ask us a question. We look forward to seeing you on Lake Norman!