The Perfect Time To Have a B.O.A.T. on Lake Norman
When you depart from the marina for hours of relaxation and fun on Lake Norman, it’s important to remember that the pleasures of boating and eating go hand-in-hand. The fuel you need to have all that fun has to come from somewhere, right?
Planning for a meal while you’re on the water can be the difference between enjoying a full day of boating activities or returning to land early so you can cure your growling stomach. Luckily for you, there’s always Nate’s Snack Shack located on our gas dock where you can pick up variety of snacks, treats and drinks. But, to help you curb your appetite even more, we want to take this week to share a little culinary secret that will surely hit the spot!
Enjoy a “B.O.A.T.” on your boat! Standing for “Bacon, Olive paste, Arugula and Tomatoes,” this sandwich is a creative twist on the B.L.T. They’re easy to make for a lot of people and will require very little preparation.
“For those considering renting a boat from Westport Marina, it’s very important to remember your eating schedule,” says Lowry Hobbs of Westport Marina. “If you cut your time short on the water while renting a boat due to hunger, that’s money that you are throwing directly overboard. Money that could have been spent having more fun!”
Ingredients for your B.O.A.T.:
- 12 bacon slices (12 ounces)
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon black olive paste
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 12 slices peasant bread, toasted
- 1 bunch of arugula (5 ounces), large stem discarded
- 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, cook half of the bacon until crisp. This will take about five mins and drain. Repeat this step until all bacon has been cooked (if you’re in a rush, you can also do this step in the microwave to conserve on time).
- Combine the mayonnaise, olive paste and vinegar into a medium sized bowl and mix them together.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on six of the bread slices.
- Layer the bacon, arugula and tomatoes on top.
- Sandwich the remaining slices of bread.
Presenting your passengers with a B.O.A.T. on Lake Norman is sure to leave them satisfied and ready for more fun without ever having to step foot back on land. If you have more questions about boating or if you have any other questions, call us at Westport Marina at 704-483-5172 or email us. We look forward to helping you make your boating experience tasty, satisfying and fun!