Rent a Boat Before You Buy
Many people think about purchasing a boat to be a part of the fun and excitement on the lake. As the number one source for Lake Norman boat rentals, we know how great it is to get out on the water. Regardless of whether you are spending a relaxing day on Lake Norman with your family or water skiing with some friends, there really is no better way to enjoy the summer months.
“If you’ve ever spent an afternoon on Lake Norman, you know how much fun it can be,” says Lowry Hobbs, owner of Westport Marina. “Whether you enjoy wake boarding or taking in the beautiful scenery around the lake, there’s always something fun for you and your family to do.”
Consider a Boat Rental Before Buying a Boat
Owning a boat can be one of the most rewarding investments you ever make. However, it can also be one of the most trying experiences you ever have. People often rush into buying a boat without getting a clear understanding of everything boat ownership involves. Below are a few of the things you should consider before buying a boat:
- Can you afford the monthly payments and maintenance costs?
- Do you have a place to store the boat?
- How often will you use the boat?
- Does everyone in your family enjoy boating?
- What type of boat should you buy?
These are just a few of the things you should consider before buying a boat. Many people get caught up in the excitement of owning a boat and end up regretting their decision.
Rent a Boat Before You Buy Can Save Money & Headache
Westport Marina has the perfect solution for anyone thinking about buying a boat – try renting before buying. Renting a boat before you buy one is the perfect way to get a more realistic picture of boat ownership and make an informed decision.
“We always recommend you try renting a boat before you own one,” says Hobbs. “Most people don’t think about what happens after they finish enjoying a day on the lake. That’s the other half of owning a boat and the one often forgotten.”
Additional Benefits of Renting Before Buying
- Accurately Determine Your Family’s Response – As hard as it is to imagine, there are some people who do not enjoy boating. Some people get terrible seasickness when they are on the water and prefer to say on land. Others feel unsafe on the water and experience severe anxiety when on a boat.
- Test Different Types of Boats – Most people do not know what type of boat is best suited for their needs. Renting different types of boats will allow you to test different options and make an informed decision. We have ski boats, fishing boats and pontoon boats to rent.
- More Time to Think – Renting a boat will also give you more time to think about your decision to purchase a boat. Owning a boat is no small undertaking.
If you are thinking about purchasing a boat, you should consider renting one from Westport Marina, the source for all of your Lake Norman boat rentals. For more information or to reserve your boat, call 704-483-5172 or email us.